What is posture?
Posture refers to the position of the body while standing, sitting or lying down. Good posture has many health benefits, including the prevention of back pain and injury. Chiropractic can help with poor posture and help you to maintain good posture.
Why is Posture Important?
Appearance benefits with good posture are obvious, but there are many less obvious health benefits. Good posture can:
- Maintain correct alignment of bones and joints
- Reduce stress on ligaments
- Prevent muscle strain
- Conserve energy as muscles are used more efficiently
- Decrease abnormal joint wear
Signs and symptoms of poor posture:
Besides the obvious slouch, there are many signs of poor posture such as:
- Hunched shoulders
- Rounded shoulders
- Back pain
- Neck pain
3 tips to improve your posture:
- Use furniture how it’s meant to be used! It’s as simple as it sounds, yet why do so many Australians fail to do this? Simply put, sit in your chairs correctly, and lie in bed, ideally on your back.
- Adjust your environment. This basically refers to changing your environment to suit your ergonomic needs.
- When upright sitting or standing, keep your head up, looking straight ahead and consciously breathe into your upper chest.
When you visit us at Chiropractic Works Cairns, you will see one of our five year university trained Chiropractors. We can assist to improve your posture by assessing and finding the underlying cause of your poor posture to correct it and get you sitting and standing up straight without you constantly reminding yourself. We take a unique chiropractic approach to getting on top of your problems which includes:
- Listen to you explain your problem and take a thorough history.
- Examining your spine.
- Taking x-rays of your spine where clinically indicated.
- Giving you specific, effective chiropractic treatment tailored to your body, often getting fast results.
- Once out of pain, improving your spinal health, strength and flexibility with rehabilitation exercises.
Contact us at Chiropractic Works. We have been helping Cairns locals with their chiropractic problems for 20 years and we want to help you!