With the growing obesity rate in Australia, it has never been more important to engage in regular exercise. Partaking in regular exercise not only benefits your physical health, but also your mental health. Some prefer to head to the gym for exercise programmes, or there are those who prefer to sweat it out by engaging in outdoor activity such as bike riding, running or team sports. It doesn’t matter what form of exercise you choose to do, as long as you are active on a regular basis, you and your body will benefit.
The Chiropractor’s role
Most people may consider seeking Chiropractic care after they have had an injury of some sort. What a lot of people don't realise is that regular Chiropractic care may actually prevent injuries and assist in improving sports performance. Whichever exercise you choose to do, you can improve your performance and reduce risk of injuries by having your spine and musculoskeletal system working well. Chiropractic is not just for the elite sports people. Whether you are starting an exercise regime, trying to be more active or losing a few kilo's, chiropractic may be able to help. Many Cairns locals have experienced the benefit of our Chiropractic care here at Chiropractic Works. We can work with you to meet your sports goals whether they be improving sports performance, reducing injuries, treat and diagnose injuries and help to improve your overall musculoskeletal health.
How can chiropractic care improve my sports performance?
- Chiropractors aim to help you achieve maximum performance by optimising your athletic potential.
- Any form of exercise puts additional stress on the body, affecting joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Regular chiropractic care will help prevent these minor stresses from becoming bigger problems, helping you to perform better.
- Regular chiropractic care may increase your flexibility and keep your body well balanced.
- Chiropractic treatment can promote the body’s own healing mechanisms, helping your body to heal more quickly and assist in decreasing the chance of injuries recurring.
How can chiropractic care prevent injuries?
- By restoring balance and increasing joint and muscle flexibility, your body will become stronger and more resistant to injury.
- Chiropractors can identify any underlying problems with your spinal alignment or an old injury that you had forgotten about. With appropriate chiropractic treatment, further injury and unexpected problems down the line may be prevented.
- If an injury has occurred, your chiropractor will diagnose and treat the injury, reducing pain, inflammation and down time. This will get you back to being fit, active and healthy quicker.
Whichever sport you enjoy, whether its at the competitive level or as a means of keeping fit or helping you to lose weight, Chiropractic care can help you to enjoy your activity more, reduce the chance of injury and perform at your peak.
At Chiropractic Works in Cairns, we work with the spine, muscles and nerves to get to the cause of your problems to relieve your pain, improve your heath and help you get the most out of life! Our goal is to alleviate your symptoms with minimal visits and get you back out there, enjoying your active lifestyle.
Come in and have a chat with out friendly team or contact us for an appointment.
127 Sheridan Street
Cairns QLD 4870
ph 07 4031 3388